Background

Monday, September 14, 2015

In the Beginning

In the beginning was a blog, and the blog was a blog, and the blog was with God...

My name is Kari Baker and I am currently a sophomore at a small town college that most of you probably haven't heard of. I am majoring in nursing and I'm also taking on the double life as a student athlete. I run cross country and track here at my humble place of higher learning and it can get a little stressful at times. I started this blog to share with you my journey throughout college and throughout my christian experience. I recently found myself reading my mother's blog, rediscoverstella.blogspot.com and saying to myself, "I wish I could be more like that." My mom has been strengthening her life as a Christian and blogging about her experience, I too felt that my faith could use a little more growth and thought the best thing to do would be to take to the internet.

As a college student it is really easy to give in and give up but what we must remember to do is to, "Let Go and Let God." If you're reading this and you know me personally you probably understand how difficult that is for me to do. I dwell on all of the negatives and sometimes forget who is really in charge. With that being said I should tell you a little bit more about how I chose the title of this blog.

     In Luke chapter 15 we read Jesus' parable of a lost sheep. As a Christian, I consider myself a lamb      of God, however sometimes it is easy to wander from our upbringings and teachings and become        a little lost. In verses 4-7 Jesus tells of how he cares for his lost sheep, he says:

 “Suppose one of  you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. (NIV)
This parable was the main source of inspiration for the title of my blog. In college, it's a little bit too easy to become one of the lost sheep. There are lots of sins surrounding you that would make it easy to lose your Christian faith. It is important not to give in to those types of sins, regardless of how tempting they may seem at first glance. Just know that if you do mess up, your God is bigger and regardless of how lost you may seem he WILL bring you back, so long as you repent and allow God into your heart.

If you happen to be in college, or even a Christian in the work place, I hope my blog will be something you can connect to. There will be times when we all need to lean on God and there will be times when we need to learn from him as well. As I grow into an adult I find myself being exposed to a lot more and the only thing that has ever gotten me through, both the good times and the bad, is my righteous father, God. As I experience new things and as I experience Holy things I will leave little posts that will hopefully lighten your day and heighten your spirituality just as they will do for me. Thank you for taking the few minutes it took to read this first post, I hope to see you again soon.

God Bless,
Kari <><




 



No comments:

Post a Comment