Background

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Perfect Timing

I apologize for the lack of posting lately but I have been fairly busy this past week preparing myself for midterms and the TEAS exam which I took today. For those of you who don't know, the TEAS exam, or Test of Essential Academic Skills, is a test required for almost all nursing programs in the US. My college sent out an email a few weeks ago about the exam and I signed up as soon as possible. Due to the urgency I saved little to no time for myself to prepare, however I did a little preparation and it ended up helping more than I would know.

Within the past few days I have received letters, cards, and prayers from many people in my hometown. The cards came from friends, past teachers, church members, and family members all with encouraging words and prayers for the upcoming test. Although the cards were exciting to get I was still fairly nervous about taking such a big step in my college education. The outcome of the TEAS exam could not only determine my college career it could pretty much determine the rest of my life. With that in mind I was pretty anxious when I woke up this morning. I woke up a few hours early to gather my materials, my pencils, my test ticket, my ID, and to say my final prayers for sanity and intelligence. 

As I grabbed my phone to check the time I got a notification from my iDisciple app:


At 9:26 on 9/26 God sent me the only thing that could've comforted me at the time, Phillipians 4:13. As I read the verse I began to cry, a very humble cry, and thank God for sending me exactly what I needed to hear at the most perfect of times. There could not have been a better verse to help me through my test. I CAN do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me, and today I definitely did. I finished the test and got my results, 74.7%. That score might not mean anything to you but to me, it's my ticket to the future. 

Proverbs 3:5-6 says
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Today God straightened my path a little bit more. He placed me in that testing room, he handed me that verse, and he helped me do exactly as he wanted me to do. It's hard not to lean on your own understanding when it comes to something like a standardized test, but we need to remember that even those results are controlled and directed by God. God's timing is perfect, and with prayer and trust in him you can do anything his will, will have you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment